Sunday, September 11, 2011

Refreshed

This weekend I took some time to pamper myself and feel refreshed, starting with a new blog design.  Marina at Penny Lane Designs made me a blog template that was just what I asked for, simple and clean.  Thanks Marina, I love it!

Friday I got a mani/pedi and a facial after work.  It was just what this momma needed.  My skin has been a mess with this pregnancy.  Sometimes it's clear and glowing, sometimes it's worse than a hormonal pre-teen.  I'm in break out stage right now so it was nice to go in, get a facial, and leave with way too many products (which I'm loving by the way).

Friday night we went to my parents to say bye to my grandma.  After six weeks here, it was time for her to go back to North Dakota.  It's always nice having grandma in town and hard when she leaves.  We grew up living four houses down so I don't think I'll ever be used to her being so far away.

Saturday morning I went to my nieces cheer leading game.  I wish I had pictures of her!  She is six and SO precious in her cheer leading uniform on the field in front of the stands.  She LOVES being in front of the crowd.  Her and her sisters are all natural performers and I love seeing her succeed at a sport I also loved.  She got the first MVP award her squad handed out this season and I am so proud of her!

After some time with the nieces  it was time for some shopping with my momma.  And may I say it was such a relief to go shopping and finally get baby furniture ordered.  We went to a number of places but ended up ordering from Baby's 1st Furniture.  The furniture will take 6-8 weeks to get here but we found bedding we loved and they had it in store.  A pic is below of it propped up against the wall in the nursery.  I'm so ready for the furniture to get here.  I'm glad the baby's room is getting taken care of but to be honest, it's driving me nuts that four other rooms in the house are completely empty.  I NEED FURNITURE!  It's so hard to move into a home and not have it be instantly complete.  At least that's hard for me.  But it's getting there, slowly but surely...


Saturday night Brantly and I started a series at the church called Couples Night Out.  It's once a month and is 45 minute gatherings at the church and is supposed to be followed by a date with your spouse to discuss the group meetings and book readings.  The class is focused on the book The 5 Love Languages.  We loved the first class and can't wait to do more reading and go back next month.  It's always fun to have dates at the church with other couples.


Sunday can be summarized in one word...FOOD.  After church we went with my parents, sister-in-law, and nieces to Another Time Soda Fountain in Rosenberg (one of our regular favorites).  I had a new menu item, the chicken finger sandwhich.  And may I just say YUM.  I could only make room for half but it was pure heaven.  And if fried chicken on bread with fries wasn't enough, I came home and made peanut butter cookies.  My dear friend Meredith came over for some one on one girl time and shared her Caramel Apple Pops.  She knows the way to my heart.  Those are my most favorite candies!  I was one happy girl!  But honestly, after feeling frustrated and irritable lately, having some much needed conversation with my close friend was the most refreshing part of my weekend.  Certain friendships are heaven sent and I am blessed to have them!



Hard to believe it's back to work tomorrow.  The weekends fly by way too fast.  I'm spending tomorrow evening at Baby Bootcamp which I started last week.  I'm excited to get some exercise with other mommies and their precious babies.  I had my first class last week and really enjoyed it.  Some social exercise is just what I need!  I'm also really excited about a date with girlfriends on Tuesday night.  We'll be going to Dream Dinners and preparing some meals.  Pics and updates to come!

Here's to a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs