Thursday, September 22, 2011

Homework complete

Like I had mentioned in my previous post, my "homework" assignment has been to write down 20 things I appreciate each day.  Here is my next 20:

1.  I appreciate living on a street with neighbors my age who we can hang out with.
2.  I appreciate old friendships that become new again (so true KM).
3.  I appreciate photos and all the memories they provide.
 4.  I appreciate all the moms in my life and the friendships, support, and advice the provide .
5.  I appreciate the eight wonderful months I have been able to be the wife of the most wonderful man.
6.  I appreciate my husband taking evening walks with me.
7.  I appreciate friends who I can share my faith with and who share their faith with me.
8.  I appreciate my nieces and the complete love and joy they bring me and our family.
9.  I appreciate unanswered prayers and God having a greater plan for me than I could have had for myself.
10.  I appreciate the success we've had, especially in this rough economy.
11.  I appreciate social media and the hour lunch break I spend catching up on my celebrity gossip.
12.  I appreciate a healthy meal.
13.  I appreciate the beauty of a clear, blue sky.
14.  I appreciate my parents treating me to Cheesecake Factory last night, even though it was late when I got done with my boot camp class.
15.  I appreciate my parents instilling strong values in me and the strength to vocalize and defend them.
16.  I appreciate my husband letting me have the maid come yesterday.  Money well spent!
17.  I appreciate my husband waking up early so we could go to HEB on the way to work and get a cake since I failed to bake anything for our company dessert party.
18.  I appreciate Meredith setting up the scarf swap.  Can't wait to get home and see if mine is in the mail!
19.  I appreciate the joy of my husband laughing so hard we're crying.
20.  I appreciate the HOV lane and avoiding the extra 30 minutes of traffic.

On another note, my husband and I are thinking we may go to the A&M game in College Station this weekend.  As much as it pains me, I feel I should buy a maroon shirt to support my hubs and his beloved Aggies.  Although I am a proud Red Raider (Wreck 'Em Tech!) I will support my hubs and wear his colors as long as I don't have the logo on me.  I couldn't betray my alma mater like that.  So with that said, all you Aggies, is this maroon?  I can't tell if it looks too purple or too red.  Maroon is such a hard color.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs