Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Don't hate, appreciate.

Last week I spent two days doing an off site training for my work.  The all day sessions were done in small groups (ten people) and focused on communication, how we interact with people and, ultimately, how we improve ourselves.  It wasn't necessarily a BUSINESS program and talked about things we could apply throughout our lives.  It was a good reminder to me as to what it means to be a good person and good Christian.  We meet again one more time at the end of the month and are supposed to be writing down 20 things each day that we appreciate.  To be honest, I completely forgot about this homework assignment until just now.  So there is no better time to start appreciating!
 
1.  I appreciate the beautiful sunrise this morning.
2.  I appreciate my husband having a glass of water ready on the counter when I come home since I've been drinking so much water while pregnant.
3.  I appreciate my mom and dad and all they do for me and their kids and grandchildren.
4.  I appreciate the rain we got this weekend.
5.  I appreciate the sacrament of confession and the chance to hear "God forgives you" and be humbled by verbalizing our sins.  Such a burden is lifted each time we wipe the slate clean.
6.  I appreciate my new couch!
7.  I appreciate the emails I get from my husband each day saying "I love you because...".
8.  I appreciate the patience God has given me lately.
9.  I appreciate good friends that live nearby.
10.  I appreciate my baby boot camp class and how good I feel after being outside, breaking a sweet, and seeing a friend.
11.  I appreciate Dream Dinners and having the convenience of a pre-made meal.
12.  I appreciate a good nights sleep.
13.  I REALLY appreciate TUMS.
14.  I appreciate being pregnant and all the joy it brings.
15.  I appreciate the hard work my husband does to provide for our family.
16.  I appreciate my mom and dad clearing their schedule each Wednesday night to spend time with me while my husband is at softball.
17.  I appreciate compliments from strangers.
18.  I appreciate a good book.
19.  I appreciate gifts for no reason, especially from someone unexpected.
20.  I appreciate God giving my family and me another day of health and safety.

Now, I have to come up with 20 new things tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate old friendships that turn into new friendships again! Thanks for the inspiring post!!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs