Friday, September 16, 2011

Supper time

If you know my family and me, then you know food=love.  Growing up my mom was like Betty Crocker.  We ALWAYS had home cooked meals around the table in the kitchen.  No TVs and this was before the days of cell phones and texting.  There were always brownies, cookies, or rice crispy treats ready when we got home from school.  My lunch was made each morning until I left for college.  Yes, there is no doubt that I grew up with a mother who loved her children through service, namely cooking.  With that said, I was little torn over the concept of Dream Dinners.  It's a place where you go in and make meals to be frozen for later use.  They have stations and each one has a recipe and the ingredients to make it.  You mix them up yourself and take it home with the baking instructions.  Then at a later date you take it out of your fridge/freezer and cook it.  I LOVED the thought of not having to go to the store after work every Monday - Friday, come up with a dinner idea, and cook until we finally sat down to eat at 8:00 PM.  It usually ends up being pretty late since we both work and one of us has to go to the store, cook, etc.  Tuesday of this week I went with girl friends to test out Dream Dinners.  We had a lot of fun!  I brought home a trial meal and my hubby loved it.  So that was all I needed to give it a shot!  I figured it would be convenient for times when we were working late but wouldn't be a 7-nights-a-week kind of thing.  It's all about balance, right?!  So I went back and made my first 12 meals.  It took me about an hour and a half to get all the ingredients mixed and meals ready.  Now I have TWELVE meals ready and waiting!  That sure is a good feeling!

The meals I chose
 d

Unloaded at home
Ready to go in the freezer
Ready for baking!

 Now, what should I cook for dinner tonight?  I think it will be the Dream Dinners pulled pork burritos!  Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I can't wait to go back and do ours. Thanks again for arranging it, I had fun!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs