Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Coming together

Okay, so I'm not even going to try and catch up on my "thankful for..." posts for the month of November.  Instead, I thought I'd give a little home update.

The nursery is finally almost complete!  We are just waiting to get the wall art from the painter, need to iron the curtains, and finish the bookshelf.  But all the furniture is finally here!  We just got the glider in tonight and my husband and I spent about 15 minutes in her room looking at everything and talking about how surreal it is that soon our little girl will be home with us.  We both sat in the glider and imagined rocking her... So exciting!!!


 



Many of the rooms in the house are still VERY empty and in need of furniture.  One of those rooms is the study.  We don't have a desk or bookshelves yet but my husband did manage this victory.  I had been adamantly opposed animals on my walls.  Just not my style.  However my mom convinced me the look is "in" to mix shoulder mounts with nice furniture in studies and rooms of that sort.  Since she is an interior decorator and I always like her finished products, I trusted my very talented mother.  My husband has never loved his mother-in-law more.  Three deer heads made it in the house.  More are in the garage but that's man zone and I don't care what goes in there.  I actually am glad this little piece of my husband has taken over a room.  Marriage is about compromise right?


And our Christmas tree is up!  Thanks again to mom for doing everything!  She does the decorative part (with my assistance) and then Brantly and I put our ornaments on at the end.  I think this was the fourth tree she did last weekend so I appreciate her helping her pregnant daughter!  Love you momma!


There is still SO much left to do in our house but having the baby's room come together is such a relief.  That was my main priority.  The rest will be over time.  And that's okay by me! 

2 comments:

  1. the nursery looks great. very sweet. good luck girl - she will be here before you know it. and don't blink because you will be planning a first birthday party. enjoy her (everyday)! it goes so FAST!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the nursery looks great. very sweet. she will be here before you know it. enjoy her everyday! it goes so fast!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs